Communications and Administration Officer
We are seeking a creative and engaged Communications and Administration Officer to support us to research, develop and produce regular, interesting and relevant updates to our website and social media channels to raise awareness of our work and to provide varied administration support tasks.
Salary - £24,000 (pro rata - £14,400)
Hours – Part-time, 22.5 (3 days)
Reports to – Executive Director
Contract – 12-month fixed term with possibility to extend
Background to Pahar Trust Nepal
Pahar Trust Nepal (PTN) is a UK and IOM registered charity with a mission to help improve education, health and sanitation facilities for disadvantaged communities in rural Nepal. The UK team consists of our Executive Director and the Board of Trustees.
Our objectives are:
· To provide students with an environment to study that is safe, pleasant and conducive to receiving a high standard of education.
· To ensure that quality teaching is provided using innovative methods while maintaining clear links to the Nepali curriculum.
· To remove practical, social and cultural barriers to education and health making them as inclusive as possible.
· To provide improved access to health services and WASH facilities to disadvantaged communities.
· To ensure we work in a culturally sensitive manner and respond to the needs of the local population.
Since the first school funded by PTN was opened in in 1991, we have delivered over 160 new or refurbished school projects; provided over 656 improved classrooms helping more than 40,000students. The Trust has also built or installed 51 new libraries and 29 other projects including toilets, health posts and hostels.
Projects are delivered in partnership with a separately registered NGO based in Nepal with a team of 12 full-time staff who oversee all elements of the design, construction and financial monitoring of the construction projects.
The role description sets out the main areas of work and may be developed in collaboration with the Executive Director to ensure the role fits the skills and experience of the candidate.
Communications and Marketing
To support the production of regular, relevant and interesting updates through our social media channels; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn as well as researching and producing copy for website and newsletters. You will work closely with the Executive Director, our PR consultants, members of the NGO team in Nepal and UK supporters to identify produce engaging stories about our work to increase our profile and reach new audiences. Key tasks to include:
· Supporting and delivering effective fundraising campaigns
· Preparing and scheduling regular and compelling social media content
· Prepare and update copy for news stories and case studies on our website
· Researching relevant news and data relating to our work
· Support UK volunteers to promote their activities
· Create and send quarterly newsletters though Mailchimp
· Generating press releases and liaising with news agencies where applicable
· Develop marketing materials and promote the work for PTN to new audiences
· Promote the work of PTN with external audiences
Supporting the ExecutiveDirector to manage the day-to-day operations of the Trust to include:
· Managing the ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ mailbox
· Support the organisation of internal meetings and events (board meetings, AGM etc). To include arranging venues, preparing papers and materials/ equipment, taking notes and producing clear and concise minutes
· Manage, maintain and develop donor database to nurture supporter relationships
· Monitoring donations and providing recognition as required
· Reviewing and updating Trust activities in collaboration with NGO team to ensure accurate data is maintained regarding our work
You will be a self-starter with an interest in communications and marketing with experience of using social media channels and supporting promotional campaigns.
We are looking for someone with the following skills:
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
· Experience of using social media channels
· Creativity in developing and producing case studies and news stories
· An ability to plan and prioritise a busy workload
· Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
· Experience of managing multiple pieces of work
· Excellent IT skills including; Word, Excel, Google Suite
· Experience of video editing
· Experience of using Donorfy, Mailchimp and Facebook Business Manager
This is a flexible, home based role and you will be ideally located in the Bristol or South West. Days of working can be tailored to fit with your schedule in agreement with the Executive Director.
Regular meetings will be arranged to provide support and updates on progress.
Note: Pahar Trust Nepal does not have an office and the Executive Director is home based. Meetings will be arranged at a mutually convenient location.
If you would like to apply please send a CV and cover letter to Alan Sweetman, Executive Director or contact for more information.
Applicants should apply before 17:00 on 10th September
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we may interview short-listed candidates before the application deadline.